2019 SSF Gala Day
Date(s) - 25/08/2019
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Small Sided Football Gala Day & Junior Presentation Day
Sunday 25 August 2019
On Sunday 25 August 2019 we will hold our combined Small Sided Football Gala Day and Junior Presentation Day at Masonic Ovals. All of our U6 to U11 Mixed & Female teams are invited to participate in the Gala Day. Presentations to all of our junior teams (U6 through to U16) will also be running throughout the day. Links to the Gala Day Draw, Canteen Roster & Presentation Schedule can be found below.
How will the day run?
Please take a minute to read the following so you understand how the day will run.
- For each team that been rostered on for canteen/BBQ duty, please ensure you have the required number of volunteers attend the canteen and be ready to start at your rostered time.
- If you start or finish at a field you will need to setup and /or pack up the field.
- Teams will play games on a 20 minute cycle with a short break for half time.
- Sessions will start on the hooter with one long horn at the start of the game, two short horns at half time and 3 short horns at the end of the game.
- Teams high-lighted in yellow on the draw are to wear the bibs. Bibs are to stay with the field.
- Scores are not being recorded as it is a fun day and not a competition.
- U8-U11 players are to play in their training shirt as jerseys should have already been handed back to the team manager or coach to be washed and returned to the club.
- U6 & U7 players are to bring a change of shirt as club jerseys are to be handed to the team leader at the end of play.
- All teams not competing in finals (coaches/managers) are required to hand back their team kits, keys and all jerseys to the collection area (near the canteen) where they will be marked off as returned. Please do this as soon as you have a few moments spare, early in the day, as we want to avoid a rush (and queues) at the end of the day. If you would like to use the goal keeping equipment (GK gloves and jersey) for the games, please do so, but please return all other items to the collection point as early as possible in the day.
- Presentations will be done by age group as per the Presentation Scheduled mentioned earlier. Generally, this will be once all the games have been completed for each age group (but please check the schedule for confirmation of the time).
- Players are encouraged to bring along their families for a fun day out.
- The canteen will be open all day with a BBQ running and the coffee van will be on site as well.
Please direct any questions by email to email@example.com