Youth Development Program
Youth Development Grading has now concluded. All players who didn’t attend YDP trails are to attend General Club Grading.
2020 will see the return of the Hills Knights Youth Development Teams for U8 to U16 age groups. The aim of the development program is to provide a pathway for children who want to excel in our sport.
Trials will commence in late January with teams being selected by the panel of development coaches, based on the club grading policy.
All coaches involved with the Development squads will have completed the appropriate FFA Coaching Course (Grass Roots, Skills Acquisition, Game Training or C License) in line with FFA guidelines. The club is committed to the development of the coaches to ensure the highest standards are set on and off the field.
Selection in the development team will be a great achievement in itself, but will also require commitment from both the children and parents. Parents and children are required to adhere to the Club, HFI, FNSW & FFA codes of conduct. Failure to uphold training & game attendance or poor conduct may result in the player being removed from the team.
Players interested in trialing for the Youth Development Program need to register their interest via this YDP EOI form.
Upon registration of interest you will be emailed the grading times and locations. Players who haven’t registered their interest will not be able to trial. For insurance reasons players are to register with the Knights before they trial and attend both grading sessions.
- Will the YDTs play in division 1?Not necessarily. The club will assess the teams competency and nominate the team in the most appropriate division. It is the club’s intention that the YDTs will grade as division 1 or 2 teams, however ultimately the final grading is determined by HFI.
- Is my child required to attend both trial sessions for the development team?It is expected that those seeking selection to a YDT attend both trial sessions.
- Should my child attend grading nights for both the development teams and general club grading?If your child wishes to be considered for selection in the development teams then they must attend their relevant age grading for these teams, if they are not successful their grading comments will be retained and used to place them in an appropriate team and / or with preferred mates if this can be accommodated.
- If selected in a YDT how many nights a week will my child train?The final decision will be with the team coach, but it is expected that the U10s and above will train twice a week (on nights determined in consultation with coach and field availability). Attendance to weekly training is a requirement of participation.
- Will the YDTs play in the regular competition?Yes these teams will compete in their age grade and division for the Hills Knights within the Hills Football Inc. competition playing throughout the Hills District.
- Does registering my child to play in a Development team cost extra?No. YDP players registration is the same as all other club members.
- Is my place in the team guaranteed?
No, all players and parents must adhere to the club code of conduct. Poor player or parent conduct, lack of commitment may result in removal from the team.